Yes. This program is useful for those seeking skills and tools to enhance their counselling and parenting practices. Also for those working with children and adolescents, couples and families in related fields such as teaching, social work, family support and parents in general. Using a holistic Adlerian approach, participants will learn the tools to both conceptualize and offer parenting support to those in need.
You can design your parenting workshop based on the goals of the group using the basic foundation found in the course materials.
The program is completed when 4 individual courses are completed. Courses are offered every 6 months, depending on demand. The eligible courses include:
- Family Constellation: Finding Meaning and Belonging in our Families and Beyond
- Introduction to Basic Principles of Adlerian Parenting
- Basic skills in Adult Education & Group Dynamics/Group Facilitation Skills
- Early Recollections: Understanding Your Deeper Self (Optional)
- The Life Tasks in Adlerian Psychology: Where are You and Where do You Want to Be? (Optional)
Yes. To be a Certified Parenting Facilitator, you will need to complete the following requisites:
- Pass all 4 courses in the Certificate in Parent Education
- Be an Adlerian Psychology Association of BC (APABC) member in good standing
- Co-Facilitate an Adlerian Parenting program such as STEP or Positive Discipline
- Provide a recent Criminal Record Check
- Attend an in-person interview with the Program Director
A Certified Parenting Facilitator CPF credential indicates that the recipient has met all of the standards and requirements for the practice of Adlerian Parenting Education in the Province of British Columbia. The credential is awarded by The Alfred Adler Institute and recognized by Adlerian peers and practitioners through the Adlerian Psychology Association of BC.
Yes. This course is a Masters level course material that is eligible for Continuing Education Credit. It is taught by a doctorate level educator with decades of Adlerian knowledge in both academic and practice settings.
Please contact the registrar, Dr. Chris Shelley, about seeking CAC certification at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Certified Adlerian Counsellor credential indicates that the recipient has met all of the standards and requirements for the practice of Adlerian Counselling in the Province of British Columbia. The credential is awarded by The Alfred Adler Institute and recognized by Adlerian peers and practitioners through the Adlerian Psychology Association of BC.
- The applicant is a member in good standing of the Adlerian Psychology Association of BC (APABC);
- The applicant holds a recognised Masters or Doctoral degree or its equivalent;
- The applicant is Licensed, Certified, or Registered and in good standing with a professional body;
- The applicant agrees to fulfill Continuing Education Units (CEUs) at the rate of 20 units per year, tallying 100 units over 5 years.
This course is open the general public.
We currently offer this course when there is enough interest to run a full class. Due to the pandemic, we are not offering this course annually as we have in previous years.